Corduroy











Corduroy was wildly popular in the 70's and ! am so happy it is now back and better than ever. With so many different ways you can wear corduroy, there is something for everyone. If you're loving this trend like I am, try incorporating this texture in a button front mini skirt, flared bell bottom pants, or a pinafore dress. If you're still hesitant towards this trend, try out this trend in an accessory such as a clog or bakers boy hat. There are so many different colours corduroy comes in, but my favourite for the fall season are a navy blue, burgundy, or camel colour. 

The corduroy really inspired me to pull off an entirely 70's vibe for this outfit. I paired the navy button front corduroy skirt from Urban Outfitters by BDG with a vintage black and white striped turtleneck that my granny used to wear when she was younger. I love mixing navy and burgundy together so I sported a burgundy felt western inspired floppy hat with this look. The tall suede camel boots also lends a retro feel and adds some more texture to this ensemble. For a finishing touch, I tied a vintage silk scarf, that was mom's when she was young, around the belt loops of my corduroy skirt. The colours in the scarf are also seen throughout different pieces in my outfit which pulls the whole look together. 

xo

Comments

Popular Posts