Vintage












I love going thrifting to collect special vintage items. What's even better than that, is when my mom passes down her old clothing to me that she used to wear when she was around my age. This pair of culottes was something my mom used to wear in the 70's and I was super happy when she decided to pass them down to me. 

I like to mix my vintage pieces with modern pieces to get a high-low balance that is popular among the street-style fashion set. For this look, I'm wearing the vintage culottes with a black and white, striped, lace-up detail Topshop blazer; a black, satin Forever 21 bralette; and metallic silver, snakeskin Vans slip-on sneakers. I try to limit my looks to 1-2 vintage pieces per outfit to get that retro, current look. 

I wore this same look later that night, but substituted the slip-ons sneakers for a pair of white leather, kitten-heel Topshop mules and added a pink, marabou feather Topshop crossbody bag. It was such a simple way to take this look from day-to-night. Can't wait to show you more ways on how I'll be styling these vintage culottes this season. 

Comments

Popular Posts