Transitional Dressing






When you're in between seasons, in this case Winter & Spring, you can find it hard to find the right balance on how to dress in this awkward period. Transitional dressing can be really simple if you keep in mind a few key factors. Layering is a huge factor to keep in mind when you're in between seasons. Styling an outfit with 2-3 layers is a great way to dress for this transitional weather, especially if it's quite unexpected in your area. For this outfit, I'm wearing 3 layers, so if I get to warm, I can always shed a layer, whether it's my grey wool overcoat or my black buckle strap knit crop top. 

Footwear is also something you want to keep in mind when deciding what to wear in this transitional period. I opted for a metallic silver pump which really elevated the whole look. Because this day was a bit on the cooler side I wore black fishnet socks underneath, which provide warmth but are still breathable.

Another factor you want to take into consideration is fabric. On the bottom, I went for a warmer, heavier fabric with the black faux leather pants. On top, I went with a sheer cream striped organza blouse and the black crop top which are lightweight cooler fabrics. It's really all about finding that right balance. If you're wearing something warmer on the bottom try pairing it with something cooler on top.

Comments

Popular Posts