Pretty Woman



 Pretty Woman is one of my all-time favourite movies from the 90's. Julia Roberts' character, Vivian, wears so many iconic outfits in the movie that are still relevant today. The costume designer nailed down Vivian's sense of style & only gets better as the movie goes on. My favourite moment of the movie is when Vivian goes to a polo match with Richard Gere's character, Edward, simply due to her outfit choice in these scenes. She looks so effortlessly polished and refined in her brown & white polka dot silk dress. The handmade pearl earrings, gloves, wide brim hat, purse & belt are perfectly coordinated & add to the lady-like yet understated costume.

 When I saw this 2-piece set in Urban Outfitters, it instantly reminded me of Vivian in Pretty Woman & I knew I had to have it. I styled my look with some pearls & white accessories just like Vivian in the movie. While it's not the exact same ensemble she wore in the movie, it's my modern take on her polo match look. What I love about this set particularly, is that you can mix & match the separate pieces with different tops & bottoms so you can create at least 3 different looks with these pieces. 

Comments

Popular Posts