Mix & Match






OOTD Details: Black Mesh Halter Bikini Top Forever 21 | Blush High-Waisted Neoprene Bikini Bottoms Forever 21 | Medium Wash Distressed Denim Cutoff Shorts Forever 21 

Yesterday was the first hot & sunny day of the summer for me so I jumped at the opportunity to go to the beach because that's what summer should be about, right? I was on Vancouver Island this weekend helping my twin move into her new place so she brought me to a couple sweet beaches in Comox. The first one we went to was Point Holmes Lazo beach, we pretty much had the beach all to ourselves. Unfortunately we kept getting attacked by flies so we went to a second beach called The Spit. This one was also super sandy but the tide kept coming up so this visit was also short lived as well. I'm just glad I got the chance to hit the beach, even if it was shorter than I expected,

The bikini I brought on this trip is from Forever 21, The top is a black halter style with mesh panelling over the chest. The bottoms are a high-waisted light pink neoprene style with black piping around the seams. These pieces obviously don't match but they do go well together. One of my biggest tips in styling; they don't have to match, they just have to go. Mixing & matching bikini sets is so much fun & you also get more bang for your buck because you can wear these separates with other bikini tops & bottoms. I went for more of a sporty look here, but if you want to do something a little more girlier you could pair the top with lace bottoms or if you want more of a tropical vibe, pair these bottoms with a palm tree printed top.

Keep your eye out for more swimwear posts! (If the weather gets hotter that it is, fingers crossed!)

Comments

Popular Posts