Culottes






#OOTD Details: Mirrored Cat-Eye Sunglasses Quay Australia | White & Blue Silk Scarf Vintage | Blush Short-Sleeve, Button-Down Shirt Vintage | Navy Wool Culottes Vintage | Metallic Snakeskin, Slip-On Sneakers Vans

One of my favourite trends of the season right now are culottes aka cropped, wide-leg trousers. They're such a great transitional piece because they offer enough coverage, but the loose silhouette won't leave you roasting in this strange Vancouver weather where it's warm one minute and cool the next minute. These culottes were my mom's from the 70's & they've made a huge comeback this season so I thought I would try rocking them.

Culottes can be somewhat tricky to pull off, but as long as you style them right, anyone can wear them. I styled these vintage navy culottes with a blush vintage short-sleeve button-down shirt. I unbuttoned the shirt halfway and draped it off my shoulders to showcase another trend that is huge right now: shoulders. Since the silhouette of the trousers are super loose I wanted to accentuate my waist to keep proportions in balance so I half-tucked the shirt into the trousers. Off-the-shoulder shirts look really good with chokers because your accentuating your neck and collarbone so much, the choker will draw even more attention to that area. Instead of a typical choker necklace, I tied a vintage silk scarf my granny passed on to me around my neck. These mirrored cat-eye Quay Australia sunglasses add even more vintage vibes to this look. I wanted to keep it somewhat casual as well, so I added metallic snakeskin slip on Vans sneakers.

xo

Comments

Popular Posts