DIY Skirt




One of my favourite styling tricks are to wear an item in a way that someone wouldn't normally wear it. For example, wearing a necklace around your waist as if it were a belt or tying a neckerchief across your chest as if it were a top. For this particular look, I decided to style my camel and black coloured blanket scarf into a skirt. I really wanted to wear a blanket scarf this day to stay cozy on a chilly evening, but I didn't want to wear it as everyone would expect you to wear it, so I thought why not wear it as a skirt? It was definitely big enough to wrap around my torso and legs, but if you don't have a scarf as big as this one I would suggest wearing biker shorts underneath.

This look is so simple to create. All you need to do is to fold the scarf into a triangle and then wrap it around your waist by pinning it with safety pins. I let the end of the scarf kind of hang loose a bit so there was a bit of slit, but if you don't want to create a slit just pin end of the scarf fully to your waist. You can also make it as short or long as you want it depending how you wrap the scarf. For extra security and a sense of edge, I belted it at the waist. Hope this inspires your next DIY look!

Comments

Popular Posts